Sunday, July 5, 2009

Query Component Required Criterion bug (new r1 Bug)

So I decided to upgrade my application.
I added List of values for Departments for EmployeesView.DepartmentId and Department name in Employees view. I also added DepartmentId in query criteria as required criterion


I also created an edit page for Employees and navigation between pages with default task flow.

So I run and go first again to the search page.
Before Release 1 of jdeveloper 11 when you had required criteria and press search without entering values, nothing happened. That was quite frustrating for users but we could explain it to them with the * sign.

Now a message is displayed explaining that. So I was happy to see it:



But after some searches and navigations to edit page and back. I was surprised to see that the layout was broken.


I could not navigate or do anything any more...
I check the console to see the following:

<05-jul-2009> <[ServletContext@5888435[app:TestQuery module:TestQuery-ViewController-context-root path:/TestQuery-ViewController-context-root spec-version:2.5]] Servlet failed with Exception oracle.jbo.AttrValException: JBO-27014: Attribute DepartmentId in EmployeesViewCriteria is required at oracle.jbo.rules.JboVCItemRequiredValidator.validateItem(JboVCItemRequiredValidator.java:90) at oracle.jbo.rules.JboVCItemRequiredValidator.validate(JboVCItemRequiredValidator.java:160) at oracle.jbo.common.ViewCriteriaImpl.validateRow(ViewCriteriaImpl.java:597) at oracle.jbo.common.ViewCriteriaImpl.validate(ViewCriteriaImpl.java:558) at oracle.jbo.server.ViewRowSetImpl.validateViewCriteria(ViewRowSetImpl.java:7152) Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace >

So is this a bug?
Is there a workaround?

No comments:

Post a Comment