Sunday, October 10, 2010

ADF/SOA custom worklist viewFilter

I have managed to create a ADF application with a custom worklist region following instructions of :
Developer's Guide for Oracle SOA Suite &30.13 Creating Reusable Worklist Regions

It was not easy since
• WSRP Container is missing in latest jdeveloper 11.1.1.3
• when I deployed nothing was shown and no error in the logs.

I found out that WSRP Container seems not to be needed and that it was authorization issue.
Since the application must have security enabled, you need to give access also to task flows that comes from libraries:


Then the task list is visible and task details shows as dialog.


Yet we need to show to the user a custom view that contains Flex Fields with business logic values.
I see that there is a parameter you can pass to the worklist task flow the viewFilter:
Developer's Guide for Oracle SOA Suite &34.4 Passing Worklist Portlet Parameters
'viewFilter Specifies the selected view for which the tasks are displayed.'

Yet when I use it with values like:
value="Due Soon"
value="My Work Queues/Standard Views/Due Soon"
I get the following error:



Is this a bug or i need diferent format of value in order to filter specific task view?

I also noticed that from view menu all views shows 2 times apart from Inbox:


Is this also a bug?

Test case:
http://adfbugs.googlecode.com/files/TestCustomWorklist.zip

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Can you please help. I have been trying to the same thing. I tried to deploy and test your code. It deploys ok, but I can not see anything in the weblogic server. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it ask you to login?
    can you log with the same user in worklistapp?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i took checkout of code and without doing any changes deployed it.

    Getting below error.

    [02:34:38 PM] ---- Deployment started. ----
    [02:34:38 PM] Target platform is (Weblogic 10.3).
    [02:34:39 PM] Retrieving existing application information
    [02:34:39 PM] Running dependency analysis...
    [02:34:39 PM] Building...
    [02:34:49 PM] Deploying profile...
    [02:34:49 PM] #### Deployment incomplete. ####

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sample was created in jdeveloper 11.1.1.3.
      I am not sure which version are you using and where you try to deploy it.
      it should run in the embeded weblogic

      Delete